Basileia is a catalyst for learning and transformation at both the personal and organizational levels through learning programs and workshops, mentoring/coaching, facilitation, skills assessment and organizational consulting.
- Workshop: Seoul, South Korea
(in English with Korean translation)
"Creating Workplaces Where People Thrive"
a six-day intensive workshop
with Gregg Kendrick
November 18-25, 2012
Power-With Leader Development Program
The Power-With Leader Development Program (PLDP) is a two-year program designed for people within businesses and non-profits to develop the skills and consciousness of power-with leadership. Grounded in the processes of Needs-Based Communication (NVC) and Dynamic Governance (DG), Level 1: "Leading Yourself" focuses on the core skills within each of these processes. Level 2: "Leading Teams" applies these core skills to the more complex skill sets of facilitation, mediation, needs-based decisions, systemic feedback, etc. While NVC is often applied to personal healing or intimate relationships, this program is unique in its application of NVC to working relationships within workplace environments. (...more >>)
Creating Workplaces Where People Thrive (CWWPT) - 6-day intensive workshop
Our signature event, this six-day intensive workshop invites participants to explore and experience what is unique about "living organizations." Multiple threads are woven together--a business simulation, somatic exercises, large group sessions, small affinity groups, a support team that includes past participants, percussion creations, community meetings, a "harvest celebration"--to create a visceral "whole being" learning experience. Designed for business owners, managers and organizational consultants, this workshop gives a living example of a transformation that is possible within our organizations ... and within ourselves. (... more >>)
This three-day workshop provides an introduction to Needs-Based Communication (NVC) and to Dynamic Governance (DG), as well as provides foundational concepts on how these processes begin to transform organizations to be places where people thrive while the organization's purpose is robustly fulfilled. This workshop may be offered in a "public" venue for open enrollment, it may be offered as a "teleclass" series of 90-minute segments, or it may be offered in a "private" venue within a specific workplace or other organization. (... more >>)
This two-hour presentation introduces the concepts within "creating workplaces where people thrive" in the context of stories and real-world examples of how this work shows up in businesses and nonprofits. Recommended for anyone who would like to get a glimpse of what this work is and why it matters.
Skill-Building workshops in NVC and DG
Any of the workshops within the Power-with Leader Development Program, Level 1: "Leading Yourself" are available to you, either as public workshops (see schedule) or as private workshops within your workplace environment. Topics include:
- Needs-based Communication Introduction (#NVC0)
- Dynamic Governance Introduction (#DSG0)
- Dynamic Governance Foundations (#DSG1)
- Moving from Unconscious Reaction to Conscious Response (#NVC1)
- Powerful Working Relationships (#NVC2)
- Engaging the Power through NVC (#NVC3)
- Domains, Ownership and Mutual Accountability (#DSG2)
These sessions offer ease of access through the telephone or skype for specialized topics. We use maestroconference.com conferencing technology which enables a rich learning environment including small group break-outs. A changing variety of topics is available including a monthly information call about our work and learning programs and workshops.
We coach or mentor executives and managers in terms of supporting their skill development in NVC and DG.
- Executive coaching
- Executive mentoring
- Group mentoring and facilitation
- Impromptu questions via email or phone that arise in day-to-day workplace applications
- Personal Learning Assessment to give feedback on the learning process and personal development in NVC and DG skills
- Demonstration of facilitation skills at any meeting or discussion
- Facilitation of special meetings, e.g. board meetings, planning meetings, connection meetings, etc.)
- Empathy: Supporting people in reconnecting with themselves when triggered or "stuck"
- Mediation: Transforming interpersonal conflicts to mutual connection
- Restorative Circles: Restoring connection among a community when there is real or perceived harm
- Developing needs-based objectives, strategies & systems
- Provide tools and guidance for new organizational structures, e.g. circles, domains, aim, circle meetings, shared purpose, etc.
Note that the terms “Needs-based Communication” and “Nonviolent Communication (NVC)” are used interchangeably on this web site. Our work is based on the work of Marshall Rosenberg which he calls Nonviolent Communication or Compassionate Communication. However, in our work with organizations, we use the term “Needs-based Communication” which we believe more clearly describes the intention of the process and its relevance to organizations.